Sunday, April 15, 2018

Welcome to My Blog!



Hi. My name is Nina. My mom is typing for me, because I am dyslexic. I used to get sad and angry when my mom would tell people I am dyslexic, but, now, I have come to learn that dyslexia is a gift. So, I asked my mom if I could make a blog to help other people who are dyslexic.

I want to share strategies that I have found to help me and give support and encouragement about how dyslexia is actually a gift.

Since it is hard for me to read, I have become great at looking at pictures and making up stories to go along with them. I often grab a book off our shelves, sit and look at the illustrations, and make up stories in my head.  Then, I ask my mom, my dad, or my little brother to read the book to me.



It used to make me more discouraged that my little brother could read and I could not, but, now I realize I have other gifts and that is just one of his.

One of my gifts is making stories. Maybe next time, I will share a story I have been dictating to my dad.

I would love if you guys would ask me what questions you have, and I could see if I could answer them for you.  I want to help you understand the challenge, yet joys, of having dyslexia.

5 comments:

  1. PS from Nina - I had trouble reading my own blog post. LOL. I can dictate it, but not read every word of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Nina! Did you know that there are famous authors who have dyslexia? Maybe you will be an author when you grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Nina! Did you know that there are famous authors who have dyslexia? Maybe you'll be an author someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina, what a beautiful post! Thank you for being so brave and posting about having dylexia. You will help and encourage others by sharing this. May God Bless you and your family! Looking forward to hearing more from you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great first post Nina! You are very courageous. You are correct that you have many gifts. God has created you in his image. You are wonderful just the way you are. 🙂 Thanks for sharing your struggles.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments with my mom and dad and will try to respond to all of them in one way or another. It might take some time, but THANK YOU for commenting!